Bawley Bush Retreat
Consider a winter wedding
Reasons to consider a winter (mid-May to mid-September) wedding at Bawley Bush Retreat
There are very good reasons why a winter wedding at Bawley Bush Retreat should be considered.
- Firstly, our tariffs are then at their most economical.
- And tariffs during winter weekdays are even lower than for winter weekends.
- The NSW south coast has a temperate climate ...the average winter temperature measured at our nearest weather station (Ulladulla) is much milder than it is anywhere inland up the escarpment, for example, around Canberra . Ulladulla winter overnight minimum temperatures are actually 9 degrees warmer and day maximums are 5 degrees warmer than during June-August in the tablelands. You can check this out yourself through the BOM or at www.weatherzone.com.au . And amazingly, Ulladulla June-August average maximums are the SAME as Sydney and average minimums actually slightly WARMER.
- Our function areas have wood fires supplied with "free" fire wood....and all of our cottages have wood-fired pot bellied stoves.
- For a small additional firewood fee we can provide a wood-burning outdoor brazier too....or you can bring your own.
- Local caterers and many wedding suppliers are usually willing to offer keener pricing over winter. Check out our list of recommended under local suppliers under our Local Providers tab above and ask for a winter special.