Hire whole of property (event venue and accommodation) for DIY weddings, group-aways, health retreats or just rent a beautiful cottage for a short break.
IMPORTANT : After the Currowan bush fire damaged our infrastructure in December 2019 we closed for 7 months to restore guest-readiness. We took the opportunity to significantly improve facilities for groups/weddings. We have reopened and are registered with NSW government as a Covid-safe venue. We can now hold functions for up to 90# though our C-safe accommodation capacity is still limited to 24#. See our Covid compliance requirements here. We fully refund deposits for Covid-related cancellations.
Bawley Bush Retreat and Cottages is a coastal, secluded lakeside retreat with a large central function/dining/lounge facility for 120 (non-covid) and hand-built cottage accommodation. Located at Bawley Point on the beautiful mid NSW South Coast we specialise in self-catered whole-of-property hire by common-interest groups. This enables brides/grooms and other event organisers to exclusively book our beautiful property and its spaces for uses such as self-managed-and-catered weddings, practitioner-organised health retreats or casual groups for more leisurely holiday, recreational or creative uses. We welcome mature age birthday parties with extended family participation but we do not accept party bookings by young adults whether single or mixed sex. For the times when we are not booked by groups we welcome couples or families seeking coastal eco-holiday experiences in individual self-contained cottages. Except for weekends and summer holidays each night you stay gets cheaper the longer you book.
Bawley Bush Retreat: destination features (See short arrival video here).
- On-site self-contained cottage accommodation for groups up to 35 people in king and/or king single beds and foldups.
- Central self-catered function capacity for up to 120 people using function room, verandas, marquee and/or lawns.
- Large central catering kitchen provisioned for 120, lounge area and organiser's green room adjacent to function area.
- Our accommodation consists of 4 architect-inspired self-contained 1-4br cottages with lounges, linen supplied.
- Over 1000sqm level, mown outdoor area for guest creative uses, ceremony, games etc.
- Until 1 December each year summer holiday bookings are open only to groups booking entire property.
- Except over summer peak and long weekends, weeknight accommodation is always cheaper than weekends.
- Our tariffs are cheapest mid-May to mid-September.
- With 36 acres of iconic South Coast lakeside forest and large lawns and an adjacent lakeside reserve, we have almost 2 kms of on-site walks.
- Beaches just 3 kms by road, 15 mins by kayak...we have ready-to-go kayaks you can borrow.
- Shopping at Bawley Point 3km, cafes/restaurant at Kioloa 10km, larger shops and many restaurants at Ulladulla, Milton and Mollymook 20-25km, Batemans Bay 30-35km.
- Free wi-fi throughout, dog friendly (but dog tariff applies).
Things to do at or around Bawley Bush Retreat
Relaxing, bushwalking, birdwatching, lawn games, fishing, surfing well known breaks, swimming, kayaking, cycling, attend equestrian or sculpture events at nearby Willinga Park, snorkelling, diving, climb Mt Durras or Pigeon House Mountain, walk the Murramarang Aboriginal Heritage Area and/or nearby National Parks, visit local wineries, buy south coast sea-food, drive to and picnic by the pristine Clyde River or dine in one of the many excellent cafes and restaurants, locally, or in the nearby towns of Ulladulla, Milton, Mollymook or Batemans Bay.
See Guest Info for everything an in-house guest might want to know about where to eat, what to do and how to stay safe.