Wedding and Celebration Venue, NSW mid South Coast
Your celebration, our venue
No matter where you live, Bawley Bush Retreat on the NSW mid-south-coast is a must-consider self-catered, 2-night minimum celebration and wedding venue. Our aim is to provide you the means to make your big life event a happy, memorable and affordable experience for you, your family and your guests. We are chosen by brides and grooms and major birthday celebrants for all-weekend celebrations with families and friends, many of whom typically travel great distances to participate and to experience our iconic Aussie destination.
"We can't thank you enough .... we had the most wonderful weekend with our friends and family. It was truly magic. The cottages were amazing and had everything we could think of and the caterer raved about the kitchen. Thankyou for providing such a wonderful location for our wedding." Sonja and Steve, Canberra.
We accept bookings for celebrations only when our whole property, including all of our accommodation, is booked for at least two nights. This gives your event full privacy, it cannot be encroached upon by other guests. A typical celebration consists of Friday pm arrival-and-set-up working bees stretching to Saturday am, a Saturday pm outdoor ceremony followed by an indoor celebration (that can go as late as desired) and a Sunday tidy-up working-bee and farewell brunch. Weekeday celebrations are welcome too. Some people stay extra nights at either/each end of the celebration booking.
What makes Bawley Bush Retreat an ideal Wedding or Celebration Venue?
- We are not a standard 5-hour-hire, indoor function venue. We are especially designed for whole-of-weekend celebrations where brides, grooms and their families and guests have sole access to the whole of our property (excl owner's residence!!) for 2 nights.
- You are welcome to create your own ceremony temporary structure on our lawns with lake backdrop, use our own garden arbour or just use the lawns completely unadorned.
- Our cottage facilities are rated by Star Ratings Australia at 4 stars.
- The maximum seated capacity for dining is 100 but we can do larger cocktail-style weddings. Our beautiful lakeside Cockatoo Room can seat a maximum of 80 people inside. Subject to our seated maximum of 100, some 30 people can be seated adjacently on the veranda.
- You can seat everyone outside on lawns if you want to or you can put up your own marquee or event tents (extra cost for marquee, see tariff).
- We have a large catering kitchen that can be used by the caterer of your choice. There is no additional charge for caterer's use of the kitchen or its equipment. This is included in the celebration package tariff.
- We have natural bushland, beautifully maintained gardens and extensive lawns with lake views. We are an ideal location for picture-perfect photographs. We also have on-site secluded bushwalks for those who want an temporary escape..
- Subject to availability we can accommodate up to 35 of your friends and family on site, more if some camp. There is plenty of nearby 3rd-party accommodation for extras.
- We are on 36-acres with no immediate neighbours that can be disturbed by your celebration. You can party all night but music must be toned down after 11pm.
- We are an entirely self-catered facility. You are completely free to employ, subject to them carrying insurance, as many professional function providers as you need.
- We have an extensive list of excellent local providers listed on this website but you are not limited to these.
- We are happy to advise you how to make the most of our property but we will leave you alone to create the special event you want.
- We have an Event Manual that will help your event manager person on the day to make the most of our property and facilities during your celebration..
More celebration information and Wedding Venue details...
Browse this website, especially all the subtabs under Functions and Accommodation. In particular check out our "Successful Event Tips" subtab. Though our tariffs, except for peak periods, are fully disclosed under the Tariff tab please ask us for a quote so you can be sure of the venue component of your wedding budget. Also ask for our 20% Special Discount off our Function Room tariffs for celebration events on winter weekends (June, July and August excepting QB long weekends) though to 2016. We invite you and your intended spouse, your wedding party, your caterer, your celebrant and/or your families to visit our place and fully check us out to make sure we are the right venue for your celebration. Just call us to make sure our facilities are not occupied when you want to visit.
So, if you have in mind a beautiful, memorable venue where you and your friends can celebrate without hassle then Bawley Bush Retreat is the ideal place for all your guests (young and old) to celebrate your important occassion. To find out more about our availability and tariff click here.