South Coast Wedding Venue
Your wedding, our venue options
No matter where you live, the 36-acre Bawley Bush Retreat on the NSW mid South Coast should be considered for your self-catered celebration or wedding. If you want to spend more time with your long distance guests than you would at a 4-5 hour restaurant or reception venue then check us out. We provide all the facilities and most of the overnight accommodation necessary to make your big life event a happy, memorable and affordable Aussie experience for you, your familes and your guests. You will find our iconic NSW south coast bush and lakeside wedding venue very hard to beat. Come, inspect us and make up your owmn mind.
"We can't thank you enough .... we had the most wonderful weekend with our friends and family. It was truly magic. The cottages were amazing and had everything we could think of and the caterer raved about the kitchen. Thankyou for providing such a wonderful location for our wedding." Sonja and Steve, Canberra.
We are available for self-catered or contract-catered celebrations of up to 150# where our whole property, including function spacer and and all of our accommodation, is booked for at least two nights. You will have complete privacy for your event: with the whole property booked your celebration cannot be encroached upon by other casual guests. A typical celebration consists of a Friday pm arrival-and-set-up working bee stretching to Saturday am, a Saturday pm outdoor ceremony followed by your choice of an indoor or outdoor celebration (that can go as late as desired) and a Sunday tidy-up working-bee and farewell brunch. Many event guests stay extra nights at either/each end of a celebration booking in one or more cottages.
What makes Bawley Bush Retreat an ideal Celebration or Wedding Venue?
- Our tariffs vary by the season, day of the week and length of stay....check them out under the tariff subtabs.
- We are not a standard 5-hour-hire, function venue. We cater only for extended celebrations where brides, grooms and their families and guests stay overnight and have sole access to the whole of our property and function spaces.
- You are welcome to design your own ceremony where you want: at the beach, on our lawns using your own creative structure or our lawns alone, our garden arbor (both these against a lake backdrop), in a marquee, even in our camping glade.
- Decorate inside and outside how you like.
- All of our cottage facilities are rated by Star Ratings Australia at 4 stars.
- The maximum capacity for seated dining is 120 but we can do larger cocktail-style weddings.
- Our beautiful lakeside Cockatoo Room can comfortably seat 80-odd people inside, with verandas used we can accommodate 30 more.
- You can seat everyone alfresco outside on lawns if you want or you can hire our marquee to seat up to 130 (from Feb 2018) or a third party marquee.
- We have a large catering kitchen that can be used by the caterer of your choice. There is no additional charge for caterer's use of the kitchen or its equipment. This is included in the celebration tariff.
- We have natural bushland, beautifully maintained gardens and extensive lawns with lake views. We are an ideal location for picture-perfect photographs. We also have on-site secluded bushwalks for those who want an temporary escape..
- We can accommodate up to about 50 of your friends and family in beds on site, more if some camp in their own tents, caravans or RVs in our beautiful camping glade. There is also plenty of nearby tourist accommodation for extras.
- We are on 36-acres with no immediate neighbours that can be disturbed by your celebration. While you can party all night, music must be toned down after 11pm to avoid disturbing a neighbour 500m across the lake..
- We are an entirely self-catered facility. You set up and you clean up. You are completely free to employ, subject to them carrying insurance to protect you and us, as many professional function providers as you need.
- We have an extensive list of excellent local providers listed on this website but you are not limited to these.
- We are happy to advise you how to make the most of our property and we have tips available for this purpose. However we will leave you alone to design and create the special event you want.
- We have an Event Manual that will help your MC or event manager person on the day to make the most of our facilities during your celebration..
More celebration information and Wedding Venue details...
We invite you to fully browse our website....it contains much useful information and assistance. In particular check out our "Successful Event Tips" subtab. Though our tariffs are fully disclosed under Tariff tabs please ask us for a quote so you can be sure of both the venue and accommodation components of your wedding budget. We invite you and your intended spouse, your wedding party, your caterer, your celebrant or other providers and/or your families to visit our place and fully check us out to make sure we are the right venue for your celebration. Just call us to make sure our facilities are not occupied when you want to check us out.
Summarising: if you have in mind a beautiful, memorable venue where you and your friends can celebrate extensively without hassle then Bawley Bush Retreat is the ideal place for you and your guests.You can check availability of your preferred dates by clicking here. Send us an email to take the next step.