South Coast Wedding Venue
Your wedding, our venue, many options
No matter where you live, the 36-acre Bawley Bush Retreat on the NSW mid South Coast should be considered for your self-catered celebration or wedding. Use our open spaces, our function room and catering facilities, our marquee and/or hire in what else you need. If you want to spend more time with your long-distance guests than you could at a 4-5 hour restaurant or reception venue then you must check us out. We provide all the facilities and much of the overnight accommodation necessary to make your big life event a happy, memorable and affordable Aussie experience for you, your familes and your guests. You will find our iconic NSW south coast bush and lakeside setting hard to beat. Come, inspect us and make up your own mind.
"We can't thank you enough .... we had the most wonderful weekend with our friends and family. It was truly magic. The cottages were amazing and had everything we could think of and the caterer raved about the kitchen. Thankyou for providing such a wonderful location for our wedding." Sonja and Steve, Canberra.
We are set up for self-catered or contract-catered celebrations of up to 150# where our whole property, including function spaces and our accommodation, is typically booked for two nights. When you book the entire property you are assured of complete privacy for your event, you cannot be encroached upon by other casual guests. A typical celebration consists of a whole-of-property booking for 2 nights: Friday pm arrival and set-up working bee stretching, sometimes, to Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon/evening outdoor ceremony, your choice of an indoor or outdoor celebration (that can go as late as desired; no curfew); and a Sunday tidy-up working-bee and farewell brunch. Some event principals and guests, especially ones who have travelled far, often stay extra nights at each end of a celebration booking in one or more cottages.
What makes Bawley Bush Retreat an ideal Celebration or Wedding Venue?
- We have high standard accommodation and your choice of beautiful function space options...a room, a marquee and/or a lawn for erecting third party marquees. Check out our separate Marquee website subtab.
- We are economical: our tariffs vary by the season, day of the week and length of stay....check them out under the tariff subtabs and then get a quote.
- We only host extended celebrations where brides, grooms, families and guests stay overnight. If you book all accommodation then you will have exclusive use of the whole of our property and function spaces. Our core function area and most accommodation must be booked for at least 2 nights.
- You are welcome to design your own ceremony where you want: on our lawns using your own creative structure or using our garden arbor (both these against a coastal lake backdrop), in our marquee or in a marquee chosen by you....or even at the beach (see separate Beach Weddings subtab).
- Decorate our event spaces how you like.
- We are on 36-acres with no immediate neighbours that can be disturbed by your celebration. Unlike many venues we do not have a music curfew...just a requirement that it be toned down after 11pm.
- Our accommodation is rated by previous guests on on-line rating sites no lower than 87%.
- The maximum capacity for seated dining is 120 but we can do larger cocktail-style weddings. You can seat everyone alfresco outside on lawns if you want.
- Our beautiful Cockatoo Room that overlooks Lake Willinga can comfortably seat 80-odd people inside and, with verandas used, can accommodate 110+ undercover. Our much larger marquee enables all guests for an event larger than 80 to be accmmodated in a single space.
- We have a large catering kitchen that can be used by the caterer of your choice. There is no additional charge for caterer's use of the kitchen, or its equipment, crockery, cutlery, glassware etc. This is included in our tariff. You can also bring in food trucks (small extra ground use charge).
- We have natural bushland, beautifully maintained gardens and extensive lawns with lake views. We are an ideal location for picture-perfect photographs. We also have on-site secluded bushwalks for those who want a temporary escape.
- We can accommodate up to about 50 of your friends and family in beds on site, more if some camp in their own tents, caravans or RVs in our beautiful camping glade. There is also plenty of nearby tourist accommodation for extras.
- We are an entirely self-catered facility. You set up and you clean up. You are completely free to employ as many professional function providers as you need subject to them carrying insurance to protect you and us.
- We have an extensive list of excellent local providers listed on this website but you are not limited to these.
- We are happy to advise you how to make the most of our property and we have tips available for this purpose. However we will leave you alone to design and create the special event you want.
- We have an Event Manual that will help your Best Man/Woman, MC or event manager person on the day to make the most of our facilities during your celebration.
More celebration information and Wedding Venue details...
We invite you to fully browse our website....it contains much useful information and assistance. In particular check out our "Successful Event Tips" subtab. Though our tariffs are fully disclosed under Tariff tabs please ask us for a quote so you can be sure of both the venue and accommodation components of your wedding budget. We invite you and your intended spouse, your wedding party, your caterer, your celebrant or other providers and/or your families to visit our place and fully check us out to make sure we are the right venue for your celebration. Just call us to make sure our facilities are not occupied when you want to check us out.
Summarising: if you have in mind a beautiful, memorable venue where you and your friends can celebrate extensively without hassle then Bawley Bush Retreat is the ideal place for you and your guests.You can check availability of your preferred date by clicking here. Send us an email to take the next step.