DIY weddings, health and recreation retreats, group and couples accommodation
IMPORTANT : After the Currowan bush fire damaged our forest and some infrastructure in December 2019 we closed to restore guest-readiness and to improve faciities for events and groups. The forest has regenerated beautifully and during June and July 2020, we have been progressively re-opening cottages Covid-compliantly and with reduced, competitive tariffs. We are now also ready again for bridal and retreat-organiser inspections though our function areas will not be guest-ready until August. Call us to book a retreat or wedding inspection and note we fully refund Covid-related cancellations.
Bawley Bush Retreat and Cottages is a coastal, secluded lakeside retreat with a large central function/dining facility and hand-built cottage accommodation on the beautiful mid NSW South Coast. Located at Bawley Point we specialise in providing beautiful spaces for self-organised-and-catered weddings, practitioner-organised health retreats and casual group educational/recreational retreats. As we are not always boooked by groups we also welcome couples or families seeking self-contained coastal eco-holiday experiences in individual cottages. Except over weekends and summer holidays each night you stay gets cheaper the longer you book.
Bawley Bush Retreat: destination features (See short arrival video here).
- Beautiful self-catered celebration options for up to 120 people, in function room, in marquee or on lawns.
- Prinsipals' green room, group lounge areas, large self-catering kitchen separated from function area and accommodation
- On site accommodation for up to 35 people in king and/or king single beds and foldups (some room sharing).
- Our accommodation is self-catered, architect-inspired 1-4br cottages, linen supplied.
- Over 1000sqm level outdoor area for guest creative uses, games etc.
- Groups booking entire property for at least 5 nights have summer peak booking priority each year until 1 December
- Except over summer peak and long weekends, weeknight accommodation is always cheaper than weekends.
- Except over summer peak, our tariff for each weeknight of stay becomes cheaper the longer you book.
- Our tariffs are cheapest mid-May to mid-September.
- 36 acres of iconic South Coast lakeside forest and large lawns. Including adjacent lakeside reserve, we have almost 2 kms of on-site walks.
- Beaches just 3 kms by road, 15 mins by kayak...we have ready-to-go kayaks you can borrow.
- Shopping and cafes at Bawley Point 3km, Kioloa 10km, larger shops and many restaurants at Ulladulla, Milton and Mollymook 20-25km, Batemans Bay 30-35km.
- Free wi-fi throughout, dog friendly (but tariff applies).
Things to do at or around Bawley Bush Retreat
Relaxing, bushwalking, birdwatching, lawn games, fishing, surfing well known breaks, swimming, kayaking, cycling, horse-riding, snorkelling, diving, climb Mt Durras or Pigeon House Mountain, walk the Murramarang Aboriginal Heritage Area and/or nearby National Parks, visit local wineries, buy south coast sea-food, drive to and picnic by the pristine Clyde River or dine in one of the many excellent cafes and restaurants, locally, or in the nearby towns of Ulladulla, Milton, Mollymook or Batemans Bay.
See Guest Info for everything an in-house guest might want to know about where to eat, what to do and how to stay safe.