South Coast Accommodation, DIY Weddings and Retreats
IMPORTANT NOTE: Following 5th December 2019 bushfire and damage to our infrastructure....but not to our cottages or function area...we are closed for bookings. Insurance assessment not complete but we hope to reopen in April 2020.
Bawley Bush Retreat and Cottages is a coastal, secluded, self-catered, lakeside accommodation and multi-purpose tourism facility on the beautiful mid NSW South Coast. It has multiple flexible dining, function and accommodation-with-water-view options at Bawley Point and the owners also operate a 1BR s/c cottage in nearby Milton village. At Bawley Point we provide all the basics you could possibly need to create a memorable DIY celebration or to convene a teaching retreat. If you just want to wind down with your lover for a romantic stay or to holiday with your family then our stylish self-catered cottages and bush apartments and our luxury caravan all offer a variety of perfect and relaxing options. Except over summer holidays each night you stay gets cheaper the longer you book.
Bawley Bush Retreat: destination self-catering features (See short arrival video here).
- Self-catered, architect-inspired accommodation cottages and a luxury s/c caravan, linen supplied.
- Function space for up to 120 people
- Cottages can sleep a group up to 35# total with room sharing and using foldup beds in lounge rooms or 10# in single-person bedrooms.
- Over 1000sqm level outdoor area for creative uses....games etc.
- Except over summer peak and long weekends, weeknight accommodation is always cheaper than weekends.
- Except over summer peak, our tariff for each weeknight of stay becomes cheaper the longer you book.
- Seasonal pricing: dearest over summer, cheapest mid-May to mid-September.
- 36 acres of iconic South Coast lakeside forest and large lawns. Including adjacent lakeside reserve, we have almost 2 kms of on-site walks.
- Beaches just 3 kms by car, 15 mins by kayak...we have ready-to-go kayaks you can borrow.
- Shopping and cafes at Bawley Point 3km, Kioloa 10km, larger shops and many restaurants at Ulladulla, Milton and Mollymook 20-25km, Batemans Bay 30-35km.
- Free wi-fi throughout, disabled facilities in one cottage, dog friendly (but tariff applies).
Things to do at or around Bawley Bush Retreat
Relaxing, bushwalking, birdwatching, lawn games, fishing, surfing well known breaks, swimming, kayaking, cycling, horse-riding, snorkelling, diving, climb Mt Durras or Pigeon House Mountain, walk the Murramarang Aboriginal Heritage Area and/or nearby National Parks, visit local wineries, buy south coast sea-food, drive to and picnic by the pristine Clyde River or dine in one of the many excellent cafes and restaurants, locally, or in the nearby towns of Ulladulla, Milton, Mollymook or Batemans Bay.
See Guest Info for everything an in-house guest might want to know about where to eat, what to do and how to stay safe.