South Coast Accommodation, DIY Weddings and Retreats
Bawley Bush Retreat and Cottages is a coastal, secluded, self-catered, lakeside accommodation and multi-purpose tourism facility on the beautiful mid NSW South Coast. It has flexible dining, function and accommodation-with-water-view options at Bawley Point as well as a 1BR s/c cottage in nearby Milton village....all you could possibly need to create a memorable DIY celebration or to convene a teaching retreat. If you just want to wind down with your lover for a romantic stay or to holiday with your family then our stylish self-catered cottages and bush apartments and our luxury caravan all offer a variety of perfect and relaxing options. Each night you stay gets cheaper the longer you book.
Bawley Bush Retreat: destination self-catering features (See short arrival video here).
- Self-catered, architect-inspired highly-rated accommodation cottages, a luxury s/c caravan,and a variety of indoor and outdoor function spaces. Linen supplied.
- Cottages can sleep up to 50# total with room sharing and using foldup beds in lounge rooms or 18# in single-person bedrooms.
- Large kitchen ready for your choice of caterer: equipment and dining capacity for up to 120# seated or 150# finger-food diners
- Indoor function/retreat room is 90+ sqm allowing about 80 diners, 40# seated in-the-round or up to 90# theatre style. Extra 30# seated on veranda.
- Over 1000sqm levelled outdoor area for creative uses....eg marquees, food trucks, games etc.
- All our event tariffs include use of a large open-air LED-lighted event frame. To convert to a beautiful marquee for 120# seated diners (150# standing) we can cover it with fabric.
- If you have extra people you want accommodated on site in hired glampers or guests' own tents, campers, caravans or RVs... then our secluded camping glade is just the spot.
- Except over summer peak and long weekends, weeknights are always cheaper than weekends.
- Except over summer peak, our tariff for each weeknight of stay becomes cheaper the longer you book.
- Seasonal pricing: dearest over summer, cheapest mid-May to mid-September.
- 36 acres of iconic South Coast lakeside forest and large lawns. Including adjacent lakeside reserve, we have almost 2 kms of on-site walks.
- Beaches just 3 kms by car, 15 mins by kayak...we have ready-to-go kayaks you can borrow.
- Shopping and cafes at Bawley Point 3km, Kioloa 10km, larger shops and many restaurants at Ulladulla, Milton and Mollymook 20-25km, Batemans Bay 30-35km.
- Free wi-fi throughout, disabled facilities in one cottage, dog friendly (but tariff applies).
Things to do at or around Bawley Bush Retreat
Relaxing, bushwalking, birdwatching, lawn games, fishing, surfing well known breaks, swimming, kayaking, cycling, horse-riding, snorkelling, diving, climb Mt Durras or Pigeon House Mountain, walk the Murramarang Aboriginal Heritage Area and/or nearby National Parks, visit local wineries, buy south coast sea-food, drive to and picnic by the pristine Clyde River or dine in one of the many excellent cafes and restaurants, locally, or in the nearby towns of Ulladulla, Milton, Mollymook or Batemans Bay.
See Guest Info for everything an in-house guest might want to know about where to eat, what to do and how to stay safe.