South Coast Accommodation, Weddings and Retreats
Bawley Bush Retreat and Cottages is a coastal, secluded, lakeside multi-use tourist facility on the beautiful mid NSW South Coast. It has all the function and accommodation facilities you could possibly need to contract-cater or self-cater a life-event celebration such as a wedding or major birthday or to convene a teaching retreat or seminar. Or, if you just want to wind down with your lover for a romantic stay or a holiday with your family (and/or pet), then our stylish 4-star bush cottages and bush apartments and our luxury caravan all offer perfect self-catered options.
"Paradise found!....We came as guests for a weekend wedding and found a peaceful lakeside hideaway with beautiful accommodation surrounded by majestic trees minutes from the best beaches ever. Throw in birds, a few kangaroos, goannas and wallabies. Simply fantastic. Thanks!" McKenzie Family, Canberra.
Bawley Bush Retreat award winning destination features (See short video here ).
- Self-catered, architecturally-inspired 1-4br 4-star cottages and a luxury s/c caravan. Linen supplied.
- Cottages sleep up to 50# total with room sharing, incl some foldup beds...or 18# in single-person rooms.
- Secluded glade for your guest's tents, campers, caravans or RVs should you have extras you want accommodated on site (conditions)
- Catering equipment and spaces for up to 120# seated or 150# finger-food diners
- Indoor celebration space or retreat room 90+ sqm allowing up to 40# seated in-the-round or up to 90# theatre style
- Large level outdoor area for creative celebration or retreat uses. There you can optionally erect any third-party marquee or house-supplied dome marquees (intended from Mar 2018).
- Except over summer peak and long weekends, weeknights are always cheaper than weekends.
- Except for summer peak, the tariff for each weeknight of stay becomes cheaper the longer you book.
- Seasonal pricing: dearest over summer, cheapest mid-May to mid-September.
- 36 acres of iconic South Coast lakeside forest with almost 2kms of on-site bushwalks
- Large recreation lawns that sweep towards a pristine coastal lake
- Beaches just 3 kms by car, 15 mins by kayak.
- Shopping and cafes at Bawley Point 3km, Kioloa 10km, larger shops and many restaurants at Ulladulla, Milton and Mollymook 20-25km, Batemans Bay 30-35km.
- Free wi-fi throughout, disabled facilities in one cottage, dog friendly (tariff applies)
Things to do at or around Bawley Bush Retreat
Relaxing, bushwalking, birdwatching, fishing, surfing well known breaks, swimming, kayaking, cycling, horse-riding, snorkelling, diving, climb Mt Durras or Pigeon House Mountain, walk the Murramarang Aboriginal Heritage Area and/or nearby National Parks, visit local wineries, buy south coast sea-food, drive to and picnic by the pristine Clyde River or shop or dine in one of the several excellent restaurants in nearby towns of Ulladulla, Milton, Mollymook or Batemans Bay.
See Guest Info tab for anything an in-house guest might want to know about where to eat, what to do and how to stay safe.