South Coast Accommodation, Weddings and Retreats
Bawley Bush Retreat and Cottages is a coastal, secluded, lakeside multi-use tourist facility on the beautiful mid NSW South Coast. It has all the function and accommodation facilities you could possibly need to design, contract-cater or self-cater a life-event celebration such as a wedding or major birthday or to convene a teaching retreat or seminar. However if you just want to wind down with your lover for a romantic stay or to holiday with your family (and/or pet) then our stylish fully-supplied bush cottages and bush apartments and our luxury caravan all offer perfect self-catered options.
"Paradise found!....We came as guests for a weekend wedding and found a peaceful lakeside hideaway with beautiful accommodation surrounded by majestic trees minutes from the best beaches ever. Throw in birds, a few kangaroos, goannas and wallabies. Simply fantastic. Thanks!" McKenzie Family, Canberra.
Bawley Bush Retreat award winning destination features (See short arrival video here ).
- Self-catered, architecturally-inspired 1-4br 4-star (self-rated) cottages and a luxury s/c caravan. Linen supplied.
- Property can sleep up to 50# total with room sharing and using foldup beds in some lounge rooms...18# in single-person rooms.
- Secluded glade for your hired glampers or guests' tents, campers, caravans or RVs should you have extras you want accommodated on site (conditions apply)
- Catering litchen, equipment and dining spaces for up to 120# seated or 150# finger-food diners
- Indoor celebration/retreat room is 90+ sqm allowing about 80 diners, 40# seated in-the-round or up to 90# theatre style. Extras on adjacent veranda.
- Large 600+sqm levelled outdoor area for marquee or other creative celebration or retreat uses.
- From 2019 our base tariff includes a huge 175sqm lighted dome marquee frame. It can be covered in fabric or, if a 3rd party marquee is preferred, it can be removed.
- Except over summer peak and long weekends, weeknights are always cheaper than weekends.
- Except for summer peak, our tariff for each weeknight of stay becomes cheaper the longer you book.
- Seasonal pricing: dearest over summer, cheapest mid-May to mid-September.
- 36 acres plus adjacent reserve of iconic South Coast lakeside forest with almost 2kms of on-site walks.
- Large recreation lawns that sweep towards a pristine coastal lake
- Beaches just 3 kms by car, 15 mins by kayak...we have ready-to-go kayaks you can borrow.
- Shopping and cafes at Bawley Point 3km, Kioloa 10km, larger shops and many restaurants at Ulladulla, Milton and Mollymook 20-25km, Batemans Bay 30-35km.
- Free wi-fi throughout, disabled facilities in one cottage, dog (tariff applies) friendly.
Things to do at or around Bawley Bush Retreat
Relaxing, bushwalking, birdwatching, fishing, surfing well known breaks, swimming, kayaking, cycling, horse-riding, snorkelling, diving, climb Mt Durras or Pigeon House Mountain, walk the Murramarang Aboriginal Heritage Area and/or nearby National Parks, visit local wineries, buy south coast sea-food, drive to and picnic by the pristine Clyde River or shop or dine in one of the several excellent restaurants in nearby towns of Ulladulla, Milton, Mollymook or Batemans Bay.
See Guest Info tab for anything an in-house guest might want to know about where to eat, what to do and how to stay safe.