South Coast Accommodation, Weddings and Retreats
Bawley Bush Retreat and Cottages is a coastal, secluded, lakeside multi-use tourist facility on the beautiful mid NSW South Coast. It has all the function and accommodation facilities you could possibly need to create and cater a memorable celebration or convene a teaching retreat. If you just want to wind down with your lover for a romantic stay or to holiday with your family (and/or pet) then our stylish self-catered bush cottages and bush apartments and our luxury caravan offer a variety of perfect and comfortable options.
Bawley Bush Retreat award winning destination features (See short arrival video here).
- Self-catered, architect-inspired highly-rated function spaces, accommodation cottages and a luxury s/c caravan. Linen supplied.
- Property can sleep up to 50# total with room sharing and using foldup beds in some lounge rooms or18# in single-person bedrooms.
- Catering kitchen, equipment and dining spaces for up to 120# seated or 150# finger-food diners
- Indoor function/retreat room is 90+ sqm allowing about 80 diners, 40# seated in-the-round or up to 90# theatre style. Extras on adjacent veranda.
- Large 600+sqm levelled outdoor area for creative celebration or retreat uses....including in marquees.
- From 2019 our base tariff includes a new 175sqm fairy-lighted, relocatable dome-marquee frame. To make that into a waetherproof marquee we can cover it in white fabric or, if a 3rd party marquee is preferred in its place, it can be removed.
- Secluded glade for your hired glampers or guests' tents, campers, caravans or RVs should you have extras you want accommodated on site (conditions apply).
- Except over summer peak and long weekends, weeknights are always cheaper than weekends.
- Except for summer peak, our tariff for each weeknight of stay becomes cheaper the longer you book.
- Seasonal pricing: dearest over summer, cheapest mid-May to mid-September.
- 36 acres of iconic South Coast lakeside forest and large lawns. Including adjacent lakeside reserve we have almost 2 kms of on-site walks.
- Beaches just 3 kms by car, 15 mins by kayak...we have ready-to-go kayaks you can borrow.
- Shopping and cafes at Bawley Point 3km, Kioloa 10km, larger shops and many restaurants at Ulladulla, Milton and Mollymook 20-25km, Batemans Bay 30-35km.
- Free wi-fi throughout, disabled facilities in one cottage, dog friendly (tariff applies).
Things to do at or around Bawley Bush Retreat
Relaxing, bushwalking, birdwatching, lawn games, fishing, surfing well known breaks, swimming, kayaking, cycling, horse-riding, snorkelling, diving, climb Mt Durras or Pigeon House Mountain, walk the Murramarang Aboriginal Heritage Area and/or nearby National Parks, visit local wineries, buy south coast sea-food, drive to and picnic by the pristine Clyde River or dine in one of the many excellent cafes and restaurants, locally, or in the nearby towns of Ulladulla, Milton, Mollymook or Batemans Bay.
See Guest Info for everything an in-house guest might want to know about where to eat, what to do and how to stay safe.