DIY Weddings, Health and Recreation Retreats, Accommodation
IMPORTANT : Following December 2019 damage to our forest and infrastructure (but not to any of our cottages or event areas) by the Currowan bushfire we have been busy restoring our guest-readiness. The forest is regenerating beautifully and we expect to be able to resume most operations when Coronavirus restrictions are lifted. Please call or use BOOK NOW button to check if your preferred dates are available. Call us re functions.
Bawley Bush Retreat and Cottages is a coastal, secluded lakeside retreat with a large central function/dining facility and cottage accommodation on the beautiful mid NSW South Coast. Located at Bawley Point we specialise in providing beautiful spaces for bride-organised weddings, practitioner-organised health retreats and recreational group retreats. You can self-cater or engage an event caterer. We are not always boooked by groups and welcome couples or families seeking self-contained coastal holiday experiences. The owners also operate a 1BR s/c cottage in nearby Milton village. Except over weekends and summer holidays each night you stay gets cheaper the longer you book.
Bawley Bush Retreat: destination features (See short arrival video here).
- Beautiful self-catered function or meeting space options for up to 120 people, inside or outside
- Self-catered, architect-inspired accommodation in 1-4br cottages, linen supplied.
- Accommodation for up to 30# with room sharing and sofas/foldups in lounge rooms.
- Over 1000sqm level outdoor area for creative uses, games etc. We offer marquee options.
- Except over summer peak and long weekends, weeknight accommodation is always cheaper than weekends.
- Except over summer peak, our tariff for each weeknight of stay becomes cheaper the longer you book.
- Seasonal pricing: dearest over summer, cheapest mid-May to mid-September.
- 36 acres of iconic South Coast lakeside forest and large lawns. Including adjacent lakeside reserve, we have almost 2 kms of on-site walks.
- Beaches just 3 kms by car, 15 mins by kayak...we have ready-to-go kayaks you can borrow.
- Shopping and cafes at Bawley Point 3km, Kioloa 10km, larger shops and many restaurants at Ulladulla, Milton and Mollymook 20-25km, Batemans Bay 30-35km.
- Free wi-fi throughout, disabled facilities in one cottage, dog friendly (but tariff applies).
Things to do at or around Bawley Bush Retreat
Relaxing, bushwalking, birdwatching, lawn games, fishing, surfing well known breaks, swimming, kayaking, cycling, horse-riding, snorkelling, diving, climb Mt Durras or Pigeon House Mountain, walk the Murramarang Aboriginal Heritage Area and/or nearby National Parks, visit local wineries, buy south coast sea-food, drive to and picnic by the pristine Clyde River or dine in one of the many excellent cafes and restaurants, locally, or in the nearby towns of Ulladulla, Milton, Mollymook or Batemans Bay.
See Guest Info for everything an in-house guest might want to know about where to eat, what to do and how to stay safe.